I realize that it's been almost 2 yrs since my last post, but I've had some major life changes, the best life change - having a little girl, Isabella, so that's the reason I haven't been blogging.
I saw "The Help" just about a month ago and am ashamed to admit that I'm just getting around to reviewing it now. I saw it with a friend of mine - we are both fans of the book and we both loved it. I absolutely, positively LOVED "The Help". I enjoyed the book so much, so naturally that made me a little worried about seeing it on the big screen, but I couldn't have been more pleased. As expected when films are made into motion pictures, things change, details are overlooked, etc...I can honestly say that did not have any effect on this movie. Things that were omitted or downplayed in the movie vs. the book had absolutely no bearing on the film. This movie was so extremely powerful - I laughed, cried, etc...just like I did in the book and that right there is saying something. Emma Stone was amazing. I wasn't sure how the "Super Bad" chick was going to pull off such a serious role, but she made it happen and now that I've seen her in this movie, I can't imagine another Skeeter. Bryce Dallas Howard is the PERFECT villian...you truly love to hate her just as you do in the book. Her performance is flawless and she deserves to win every award available for her portrayal as Hilly. Thankfully I did not live through this time period because I must say that this book/movie made quite an impact on me. This is just not about entertainment, it makes you think, what would you have done? Would you have just stood on the sidelines like everyone else...or would you have been a Skeeter? I highly recommend seeing this movie. Normally everyone would say, "Read the book, it's so much better...yada yada yada" - if you don't have time to read the book - see the movie ASAP...this is one that will stick with me for a long time. Hope you enjoy it as much as I (and Wendy) did!
No comments:
Post a Comment