Saturday, August 29, 2009

Twilight

Here's the thing about Twilight for me. I was completely unaware of this phenomenon until November of this past year. I decided to see what all the hype was about. Unbeknownst to me that this was geared towards teenagers, I began to read the first book of the "saga" on a Thursday and was finished with it by Saturday. I was hooked. I finished the entire series within 1 1/2 weeks and some of the delay is because I ordered the last two books from Amazon! Feeling a little awkward that I'm 28 years old and completely infatuated with this Twilight World, I decided to hook a few of my girlfriends on these books as well and it worked!

As for the movie...

Robert Pattinson is just the Edward Cullen I imagined when reading the book, so I was extremely happy with his casting. Kristen Stewart on the other hand is just ok. For the life of me, my friends and I can not understand why she gets fabulous reviews for her work. For the most part, the movie tries to stay true to the book, but as with any book that you're passionate about, you notice the subtle details that they could have gotten right if they wanted to. As a fan of the book, I was also a little disappointed that some things I felt were key events, funny, etc... didn't make it into the movie.

I own the movie, have watched it a few times, and even had a "Twilight" viewing party at my house the day that it was released on dvd. I say give it a whirl...at least you'll know what all the fuss is about. I'm curious to hear your thoughts!

No comments:

Post a Comment